September 18, 2007

Wink-Wink

I planned the perfect getaway last weekend. Just my husband and me, on a road trip to Tagaytay. Stopover at Petron for some Starbucks coffee and chunky brownies. Aircon off, windows rolled down once we pass the rotunda. Fresh, cool air gently touching our cheeks. Romantic dinner at Antonio's (or any bulalohan overlooking Taal lake). Conversation over more coffee (or beer, whichever's cheaper). And for our night cap, a little somethin'-somethin' (wink-wink).

We've been talking a lot about having a break from parenthood, my husband and I. The past ten months saw us really tutok-barok, hands-on parents. We have 2 maids, but when we're home, we usually hang out with our son. Man, we just have one kid and we're tired, nay, exhausted beyond reason. How couples with so many kids manage, I can't figure out.  With just this one kid I am convinced that I would rather not have sex for the rest of my life than have another Tasmanian devil in the house.

I digress. So how was our weekend, you ask? Well, let me tell y'all, the gods were smiling at us.

Yes, we did get our coffee plus my brownie square, but at the Shell station instead. Yes, we did feel the breeze gently touching our skin. The touch was damp, though; it was raining that afternoon we arrived. So no rolled down windows there. No matter. Upon reaching our hotel, my husband went straight to the bathroom to freshen up. I lay on the bed, just enjoying the crispy clean sheets. Ahh. Sheets that don't smell like baby powder or Nenuco. Or diapers with urine. It's been a long time. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the solitude and the silence. Man, tranquility. Been a loooong time. Ahh.

When I opened my eyes, it was the next morning.

And I was really hungry. Needless to say, there wasn't any romantic dinner. Forget romantic. There was no dinner, period. No somethin-somethin, wink-wink either. Sadly, even my libido couldn't raise me from the dead, este, bed. Imagine that. I shelled out PhP2,000+ for a romantic weekend, and the only thing that got wet was the road.

The gods were definitely doing the wink-wink on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment